You can simply follow directions in the video (left), or here’s the typed version of the Quick Self Test:
- Looking straight ahead, figure out the lowest spot that your shoulder blade pain / tightness spreads to (like your lower shoulder blades for instance). Also, figure out the symptom furthest down in your face (usually your sinuses, eyes, or forehead).
- As you continue to look straight ahead, scoot your bottom further and further forward in your chair until you notice the lowest spot of your shoulder blade pain / tightness feel LESS tight.
- Then, with your fingers just below your ears, push up with moderate pressure toward the ceiling, as if trying to lift some of the weight of your head off of your neck (see picture, below).
- Stay like that for a few minutes.
- Look for your symptoms to clear from your face first.
- Then, they should creep back toward the base of your skull over a few minutes.